Share this on Facebook
download .zip with all pictures
From the [relevant wikipedia article](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poecilotheria_metallica):
“There has never been a recorded human death from its bite; however this species is considered to have a medically significant bite, with venom that may cause intense pain, judging from the experience of keepers bitten by other spiders from this genus. A quick search of bites from this species shows the vast majority are so called “dry bites” where no venom is injected into the handler. The mechanical effects of the bite can still be worrisome, as an adults fangs can reach nearly 3/4 of an inch in length. They can move rapidly and may defend themselves when cornered, although they are more likely to attempt to scurry away than fight. Venom effects consist of a small heart rate increase followed by sweating, headache, stinging, cramping and swelling. Effects can last for up to a week.”
Note: I’m not trying to correct OP at all. I’m simply expanding and clarifying what “medically significant” implied as I was curious myself and thought I might as well link for the lazy.